Blogging through my 3 hour FINAL Consultation Appointment… Lots of waiting time between meeting with the doctor, nurse, doctor, then nurse again….
- They only serve decaf in the lobby
- Looking around, infertility does not discriminate, very diverse group of people in here.
- Just met with the doctor… there are so many ways to have a baby… how many times do I want to be injected? Do I want to freeze or do fresh? How much is this all going to cost us?
- Hubby looks like I should know what she’s talking about… and I’m looking at him like HE should know what she’s talking about… we’re both confused. She draws a chart with arrows… and I get it now.
- Had a hysteroscopy and wished they would have put me under! Oooh weeee anyone who has this planned: bring a stress ball or something to squeeze, take pain meds ahead of time! (unless they give them to you there), if you get queasy at the sight of blood you may want to look away from the screen as you WILL see the journey into your uterus…
Finally, the nurse went through the details of every single step and every single day and assured me that she will be there through every step of the way. Leading up to this appointment, I was full of questions and anxiety not really knowing what was going to take place. But this appointment was worth every minute of the 3 hours it took – birth control ends on Feb 9 then the fun really begins!